04/08/21 Day Twenty-Four - Cubicle Bunkers

Only one episode this go around. I slept late. But what an episode. 



First, Paris loses her mind on the paper and it almost doesn’t go out to print, leaving Rory to come in and save it...with the help of Logan.




Let me pause for a second, here. You guys don’t like Logan and for the life of me I can NOT figure out why. Compared to the other boyfriends, he’s actually showing up. Like, SHOWING UP. Like, they miss their date and he comes and helps her get the paper out showing up. Y’all do know what Jess or Dean would have done in that same situation, right? Here’s a quick impression:

Jess: Man, this is too crazy for me. Bump this noise.(leaves)
Dean: Duuuh, what do I do? WHAT DO I DO? WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME? YOU’RE NOT THE SAME PERSON I FELL IN LOVE WITH! HULK SMASH!




He better be a serial killer.


And the passive-aggression theatre with Emily and Richard being mad at Rory’s audacity. Oh, and when it turned to aggression-aggression...wow. The jumping from subject to subject of EVERY part of their dysfunction. Deep appreciation for the structure of that whole madness. Well done. Favorite scene in the series so far.




Side thought: What’s with the short memories of the writers though. How is it that Lorelai Sr. does not understand Rory freezing the Gilmores out? Like, she did the exact same thing less than five or six episodes ago and, I don’t know, here and there throughout the whole series?





Oh, and let’s circle back to the whole town knowing about Luke’s daughter before Lorelai. Quick prediction, Lorelai blows up at Luke for leaving his socks on the floor and that leads to her telling how wrong he was for keeping that whole thing from her for two months and they break up.  OR we focus on the A and B storylines for the whole episode and out of the blue, she just says, “Yeah, I don’t want to marry you anymore” at the very end.

Don’t tell me!  I want to be surprised. :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

01/25/21 - Day Damn One, Vivian. Day Damn One.

03/11/21 Day Eleven - Tailgating at Yale

05/12/21 Sprung on Spring